The following day the regularly scheduled interurban car #57 arrived secretly carrying the construction crew. Before the steam railway could respond, the crew laid a temporary track across and over the steam rails and had a team of horses pull trolley #57 across to serve downtown Santa Rosa. The steam railroad then obtained a temporary injunction from a San Francisco judge prohibiting installation of the crossing. For a few weeks, passengers from Sebastopol were required to depart their arriving trolley and walk over the steam railroad to reboard trolley #57 for the remainder of the trip.
1800 - Petaluma and Santa Rosa Railway car #63 on electric tracks. All of the interurban passenger cars had express compartments and carried small parcels at the rear. This car is located in Rio Vista Railroad Museum.
6858 - Freight motor 1004 of the P&SR Railroad. These motors were used heavily during the fruit harvest season in Sonoma County. The Overnight Freight Express ran refrigerator cars that carried apples and berries to Petaluma and on to San Francisco via steamer ships.
1824 - P&SR train at the Bassett Station (close to Fredericks Road) south of Sebastopol. Engine 506 is pulling four passenger cars with many people hanging out the windows of the cars and a line of 1930's autos on the road next to the train. Since the P&SR ended passenger service in the early 1930's, this may have been one of the final runs carrying passengers.
1815 - The L-shaped Petaluma & Santa Rosa Railway Powerhouse in background, built 1903 from Stony Point Quarry rock. The Powerhouse served as the freight depot and housed the step-down transformers for the Sebastopol substation for the P&SR electric railway. In the left foregound is the original wooden Sebastopol depot station. The Powerhouse was later named the Hogan Building. Photo facing south easterly, with north and westerly facades visible. The train tracks seen in the easterly direction comprise the present day Joe Rodota Trail.
1831 - Railroad workers laying rails of interurban Petaluma & Santa Rosa Electric Railway down Main Street Sebastopol. Circa 1904.
1812 - Forestville station of P&SR electric railway with electric car No. 55. This car and three other identical cars (Numbers 51, 53 and 57) were built in St. Louis by American Car Company. Circa 1904.